FAQs digital library
Frequently asked questions when accessing digital library collections
Forgot my password
- If you forget your library account password, you can reset this through the library catalogue.
- If you make three unsuccessful password attempts, your account will be blocked for security reasons. If your account is blocked, please wait 5 minutes before trying with your new password. You will be unable to access the library's digital collections and apps until your account is unblocked.
- If you have forgotten your password associated with a particular service (for example, Kanopy), use the forgot password link on their website.
Library membership not recognised
- Check you are using the correct Willoughby City Library card (number beginning X060...), for example if you have been issued with a replacement card, or have multiple cards in your family.
- If you have not used your card in some time, you may need to re-join the library, then visit your nearest branch with ID and proof of current address to collect your new membership card.
General troubleshooting tips
- Try logging out, then logging back into the app or service.
- Check that you have the latest app version installed on your device.
- Check that your device operating system supports the latest app version.
- For issues relating to a particular website or application, please refer to specific information on our eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies and other digital library resources.
- Try using the help section of the website or app that you are trying to access (for example, BorrowBox or Kanopy).
Book a free Tech Bar help session or technology workshop – see our upcoming events and programs.