Welcome to Willoughby City Library.
Explore and enjoy a world of books, music, movies, digital collections and more. Membership is free and we have events and programs for all ages.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter to stay up to date with library events and news.
Follow us on Facebook.
- Borrow up to 30 items for 3 weeks (4 ESL kits).
- Fast Reads – popular and high demand items available for 7 day loan – no reserves, no renewals.
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines or stream movies using your Willoughby library card.
- From picture books to graphic novels to large print, DVDs and CDs, including community language collections — there is something for all ages.
Our digital collections include movie streaming, eBooks, audiobooks, eMagazines, and online databases. Use your Willoughby library card number and pin/password to sign in to online platforms.
Access our library catalogue to search our collections.
You can login to manage your loans (including reservations and renewals) and update your contact details.
If a specific item isn’t available in our collection, Willoughby City Library members can suggest an item for purchase or request an Inter-Library Loan (charges apply).
- Download our library app to access Willoughby City Library from your mobile device.
- Manage your loans and family loans, search and reserve items, access our digital items and borrow items.
Lost or damaged items
- Items not returned or renewed within 90 days of their due date will be deemed as lost, and charges will apply.
- If items are lost or damaged, you will need to pay the cost of the item/s as listed, including a processing fee. Click here for more information about fees and charges.
Naremburn Book Locker
Unlock your library with our new book locker service - at Naremburn.
Find out more.
Please consider other borrowers and return your items on time.
- Items returned or renewed after the due date may attract charges.
- If an item becomes overdue you won't be able to borrow or access our digital collections until the overdue item is returned or renewed.
If your borrower registration has expired. Please bring identification with your name and address to any of our Willoughby Libraries.
Willoughby Library Locations
- Reserve items on loan or on order through our web catalogue. A reservation fee may apply.
Returns and renewals
- 24 hour returns at Chatswood library and branches.
- Renew items twice, unless reserved by another borrower.
- Renew items through our app, web catalogue, or phone (02) 9777 7900 during opening hours.
Where can I use my Willoughby library card?
Enjoy using your Willoughby library card at Chatswood Library, as well as our branch libraries:
- Artarmon Library
- Castle Cove Library
- Naremburn Library
- Northbridge Library
- West Chatswood Library
Click here for information on opening hours and locations.