Your library from home
Our free online resources are available to members with their Willoughby Library card. We've got something for everyone to stay entertained!
Join now and then email us at email@example.com to complete your membership from home, or phone 9777 7900 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm).
Keeping the kids entertained
Online quizzes - brought to you by our children's librarian
- The 91-Storey Treehouse pop quiz - How well do you know the hilarious book by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton?
- Harry Potter pop quiz - Test your knowledge of Harry Potter with this pop quiz based on all 7 Harry Potter books.
- Little Lunch pop quiz - Stream the first three episodes of the funny Little Lunch TV show (based on the books by Danny Katz and Mitch Vane), or free on Kanopy (you will need an adult’s Willoughby library card to access) then try this quiz to see how much you remember!
Virtual escapes - created by our children’s librarian for the family to enjoy and best viewed on a desktop screen
- eReading for kids - a selection of great eBook and eAudiobook titles you can access for free with your Willoughby library card
Online activities and more!
- BusyThings - games and learning activities (3-6 years)
- Kanopy Kids - educational and engaging video streaming content for kids of all ages, including ABC Kids, Australian family movies and more. (you will need an adult’s Willoughby library card to access)
- Story Box Library - Auslan story reading, Premier's Reading Challenge titles and home activities for Book Week, including Choose Your Own Adventure quizzes and puzzles. (Preschool age)
- The Ultimate STEM guide for kids - 239 cool sites about science, technology, engineering and maths
Library online events and programs
Children's Books about COVID-19
Reading for leisure
Digital Newspapers are available. Register your Willoughby Library card details to access PressReader via the State Library eresources page.
Download eAudiobooks, eBooks or eMagazines for leisurely reading. There's a range of titles for all ages across our digital collections.
Need some reading inspiration?
- Good Reading - The Hub for Book Lovers. Quickly see the latest reviews and popular titles for all ages.
- Gale Books and Authors - Answer the age-old question, "What do I read next?". Search and match your reading interests to books, authors, genres or topics.
HSC resources - free to access, developed by the State Library of NSW
Gale OneFile - Access major newspapers online to search articles instantly by title, headline or date. Includes Australian News Limited and Fairfax newspapers.
Bored Of Studies - Australia's largest student community. Access HSC notes, guides and past exam papers.
COVID-19 trusted information
NSW Health: latest updates for the community and businesses
Translated information: NSW Health COVID-19 resources available in other languages
NSW Roadmap: NSW Government advice available in other languages
COVID-19 Vaccine information: Australian Government Department of Health - information about COVID-19 vaccines translated into multiple languages
SBS: COVID-19 information in your language
Beyond Blue: Mental health and wellbeing support services during the COVID-19 outbreak
Learn new skills
Learn a language
Mango Languages has over 70 languages to choose from: Turkish, Finnish, Shakespearean English.. even Pirate - Shiver me timbers!
Learn new technology skills
Tech Savvy Seniors videos are available. Topics include Smart Phones, Internet & cyber security, and Emails.
Listen to our local oral histories. Search for 'Oral history' in the catalogue.
Listen to a podcast series produced by Willoughby Council Sustainability Team that inspire us how to live a more sustainable life.
Enjoy free access to the NSW State Archives webinars during August.
Online Library Events and Programs
Subscribe to our enewsletter for updates on our Library services and programs.
For an extensive list of our collections visit our Digital Library.