Chatswood Library and branches are now open. Our opening hours and services have changed, please check your local branch before your visit.
Conditions of Entry
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
- To visit the library it is a requirement of NSW Health that all visitors to the library register for COVID-19 contact tracing. This information will only be used for that purpose and will be deleted after 28 days.
- Sanitise your hands on entry and maintain good hygiene practices.
- Social distance of 1.5m must always be practised.
- You must not move the location of desks or chairs, or other furniture.
- Please consider others and keep your visit brief during busy periods to allow others access to our services.
- Visitors who do not comply with social distancing measures may be asked to leave by Library staff.
- We no longer accept cash payments. Payments can be made at Chatswood Library using Eftpos or credit card. Payments cannot be made over the phone.
- Visitors must treat others, including Library staff, with courtesy and respect and follow our general use and behaviour guidelines
Register for contact tracing on entering Chatswood Library using the Service NSW app and QR code, or register your details with library staff.
Chatswood Library is located in The Concourse, a two minute walk from major Chatswood transportation hubs, including Chatswood train station and Chatswood bus interchange.
Parking is available at The Concourse car park accessible on Ferguson Lane via Archer St ONLY. There is one hour free parking for all. One and a half hours for holders of disability permits once registered with the Library. Parking rates and opening times.
The Library has lift access from The Concourse car park and from The Concourse, Ground and Upper levels.
Parking is also available at Chatswood Chase adjacent to The Concourse on the corner of Archer St and Victoria Ave. The first 3 hours parking are free.
A CCTV system operates at Chatswood Library to help safeguard the security and safety of staff and visitors.
- The CCTV system is governed by the Workplace Surveillance Act 2005 (NSW) and privacy legislation.
- Footage is retained for a limited period to allow for investigation of reported incidents.
- The footage is not available to be seen by the public.
- CCTV footage of a specific incident may be released to a law enforcement agency where it is required or permitted by law.
Lower Ground, The Concourse, 409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood 2067 View Map