Get excited about reading over the summer holidays with Willoughby City Library’s Summer Reading Challenge:
- Read or listen to 10 or more books during the challenge.
- Go into the running to win prizes.
- Challenge yourself and discover your new favourite books!
Let books take you wherever your heart desires these holidays by reading far and wide in celebration of our 'travel' theme.
Register on Eventbrite to take part at any time between 4 December 2023 to 19 January 2024. You will need to be a member to sign up. Not a member? Sign up to access benefits and experience our diverse programs, services and collections.
Then, visit any Willoughby City Library branch to pick up your registration pack filled with goodies.
How it works
Once you have registered for the challenge:
- Download your reading log from the Summer Reading Challenge website
- Get busy reading or listening to 10 or more books. Listening to audiobooks is included in your reading challenge. Check out the excellent selection of audiobooks and eBooks on the BorrowBox and Libby apps.
- Submit your completed reading log! Upload to the Summer Reading Challenge website, hand them in at a Willoughby City Library branch or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Reading Challenge community - once you've registered you can:
- share drawings and book reviews online
- play our Scratch games
- check out our reading recommendations
- submit your reading logs
- complete the 'Travel the world' challenge at each of our branch libraries for a special badge reward.
When you sign up you'll go on our mailing list to get an invite to our Summer Reading Challenge final celebration. Celebrate your summer reading achievements with our prize draw, presented by a special guest. Plus, join in for a fun craft activity.
Children under the age of 11 should be supervised by someone over 18 at all times in the Library.
We follow NSW Health guidelines for the health and safety of our community and staff. Please read our Conditions of Entry and Unaccompanied children guidelines before your visit.
This event may be filmed or photographed. Images may be used on Council websites, publications, social media channels and circulated to the press and other media organisations for publication, transmission or broadcast. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.